GGE is committed to adhering to best practice in the field of environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) matters. We believe that attention to ESG issues, coupled with a solid ESG Policy, can be a critical success factor for creating long-term value for shareholders, employees and the communities in which we operate.
GGE is a renewable energy developer with a clear mission to make a positive impact on the environment by developing renewable energy projects. In pursuing that mission we strive to use natural resources responsibly and to minimise the environmental impact of our business activities by:
- Protecting the local environment and comply with environmental legislation.
- Minimising our environmental footprint in daily operations through efficient use of resources.
- Avoiding, remedying, or mitigating any adverse effects of our operations on the environment.
- Actively monitoring and auditing compliance with environmental regulatory requirements.
- Consulting with regulatory agencies on the content of our environmental policies where appropriate.
- Considering environmental concerns raised by local communities and resolving amicably.
- Adopting and implementing best-practice guidelines in our environmental risk management activities.
- Holding our contractors and service providers accountable for adhering to this policy.
Our culture and values are rooted in innovation, excellence, integrity, respect and teamwork and our operating principles are founded on doing what we say we are going to do.
GGE’s people are its most valuable asset and we are committed to their development and wellbeing. GGE also believes it is important to stay connected and involved in the communities in which we operate. Our social efforts are focused on:
- Leading by example in areas such as health, safety and wellbeing, diversity and personal development.
- Fair and ethical employment and pay practices.
- Equal opportunity for all and the protection of human rights.
- Promoting an inclusive workplace that fosters open communication, collaboration & personal growth.
- Partnering with organizations in the communities where we operate to improve lives.
- Engaging with suppliers who operate on the basis of socially responsible business practices.
GGE is committed to doing the right thing, conducting itself in a legal, ethical and trustworthy manner, upholding its regulatory obligations, and complying with all laws.
The senior management team is comprised of seasoned sector specialists with experience of operating to the highest standards of quality and transparency.
In addition, the GGE Board aims to promote the company’s long-term success, deliver sustainable value and encourage a culture of openness and debate.
GGE’s Board members are selected for the expertise, experience and diverse perspectives they can lend to the organisation. The Board sets high standards for our employees, officers and directors, and regularly reviews policies related to our governance.
Code of Ethics
GGE’s Code of Ethics provides mechanisms to prevent dishonest or unethical conduct, and fosters a culture of transparency, honesty and accountability. It is a Code that all employees, service providers and partners should be aware of and comply with. It is accessible here.
Given GGE’s Italian operations the company has adopted an Organisational Management and Control Model as prescribed by Italian Legislative Decree 231 dated June 8th 2001, accessible here.
Health and Safety
At GGE we take our responsibility for the health and safety of our employees, our suppliers and partners and the communities in which we operate very seriously.
Our team, Board and shareholders see this as a top priority and we regularly evaluate and report on our performance.
Each of us takes personal responsibility for our own safe behaviour as well as considering that of colleagues and other stakeholders. We aim to promote a proactive and aware culture around health and safety, through training, reporting and continuous efforts to improve.
Diversity and Inclusion
GGE seeks to harness the power of difference, valuing teams with the broadest possible experience and ensuring that all employees, contractors and members of the communities in which we operate feel welcome, respected and supported.
The company believes that an inclusive, equitable and diverse workplace will ensure the company attracts and retains the best people and that our integration into different communities, partnerships and activities will be more flexible and innovative. Diversity will flourish when the business culture is inclusive and at all levels of the business there is a variety of skills, experiences, views and attributes gained from life’s experiences and backgrounds, including culture, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, among other factors.